Monday, September 8, 2008

Prized Possession


Have you met Volle? (pictured with her daughter)
She lives in the slums of Bangalore, India. 
I met her two years ago. We are sisters in Christ. 
There were so many beautiful women of God that I met while I was there. Women love Jesus with such a passion in that country. It was a humbling experience for me. I came home with an earnestness and even a desperation to know my Jesus more.
Volle is a paid servant for the pastor's wife of the church that we served. Her home is in the slums across the street from the church.
I was introduced to her on my first trip to India. She speaks very little English, but she graciously took my hand, looked me in the eye and asked, "You have Jesus?"
I took her hand in mine and said, "Yes! Yes, I have Jesus!"
Our lives are so different. My home looks like a mansion compared to the one her family lives in. She walks almost everywhere she goes. She does not have material treasures. 
Yet we have something in common. That one thing will bind us for eternity! Jesus!

Meeting Volle impacted my life beyond words. She would never envy the riches that I have because I live in this country. She knows she has it all! She has Jesus! What more could one want? She never dreams of coming here. Her sights are set much higher. There is a better place than the United States to dream about.  
Her faith is to be envied. She prays for the impossible and believes that her  God will provide for her. And He does! He provides in amazing ways! She expects Him to.
Out of all the people that I met on my first trip to India, Volle was the one that I most desired to see again when I returned in February of this year. 
My second trip to India was so special. I felt as if I had returned to family. 
I spent a lot of time with Volle. I could not always understand her words. She could not comprehend mine. Sometimes we had an interpreter. I can tell you that we shared something more special than words.....His name is Jesus. 
He was right in the midst of us. 
He says, "Where two are three of you are gathered in My name, there I am in the midst of you!"
He was right there in the midst of us. I couldn't help but linger with her because His presence was so special.
I can hardly wait to introduce her to you. I know that you have probably dreamed of the day when you will meet Esther, Ruth, Mary, Anna, Lydia, and other women that we have so loved and been inspired by from the Word of God. Please add  Volle to your list. You will not want to miss her!!!! Oh, and when you get to heaven, if you cannot spot her, just look for me. I am sure that she and I will be before the Lord's throne hand in hand worshiping together.  


Lord, please bless Volle and her family today. Speak to her heart. Encourage her. Let your fingerprints be seen in her life this day as she worships You. Thank You for my sister! She has impacted me for eternity! Amen!

Because He Lives!
Cheri
ps. Volle is alive and well as far as I know. I just don't know if I will ever get to see her again this side of heaven. I look forward to our next reunion whenever, however, and wherever that might be.

No comments: