Monday, April 26, 2010

Passions


My grandma always had a song in her head. Everything that happened brought a song to her mind. She literally sang her way through life! Don't know if it is true or not, but I imagine that if she was upset at grandpa, she probably had the song, "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" on a continual loop until they kissed and made up.

When I was a girl, I would mention something and she would begin to sing about it.

My grandma was such a joyful, delightful, incredible person. She had a beautiful, contagious smile, which she always displayed. I believe those songs in her heart empowered her to wear that smile from day to day.

I don't always have a song in my head ... but I always seem to have a story brewing in my heart. I am just not sure how to get it down on paper.

My grandma was not a great singer ... she never would have been selected for the Hollywood musicals that she loved so much ... but she was a singer all the same. She had a passion for it like no other.

I am not a great writer ... I will probably never write a book that will be listed on the New York City bestseller list ... but I am a writer all the same. I have a passion for it.

Our passions empower us ... they also affect others ... if only on a very tiny scale.

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds..." Deuteronomy 11:18a

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Cheri, thank you for encouraging me to pursue my passion and embrace it regardless of the outcome.

Fear, and the risk of failure, too often silence and steal passion. Oh may our hearts not be so robbed.

Love ya my friend,
Joy