Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Be Seen

It came in the form of prayer, this desire of my heart........

"Be found on my countenance, Lord."

I am nothing without the presence of Your sweet glory beaming from my face. 

I lay face up like a sunbather on the beach expecting to receive her glow..........

I often lay face down.....knowing that I will find You there..........but today I am looking up!

My face is upward toward the heavens............begging you to bring some glow..........

I want You to SHINE on this face of mine and when I walk away I want some radiance from this moment to just keep on shining until we meet like this again!

I cannot be content until You are seen in my life!

Stars are bright and they shine but they are so far away hanging in the universe with little power to leave a bronze trail upon this vessel. 

I do not want to gaze on Your beauty from a distance............

Come near

Be like the sun.......come as close as You can and let others know that I have been Son bathing! Soaking up some..........ra-....... ra-.....radiance!!!!! 

Then when the homeless child encounters You on my face let her know that it is Your love that she sees. I pray that she will find You as her refuge............Help me to meet her need! Let it begin with the shine of my face!

And the woman who has been left behind..........traded in for a newer model..........Oh, God when she encounters You on my face let her find total acceptance knowing You never leave or forsake us......You are always faithful..........Let that truth be seen on this countenance of mine.....today...

When the lonely one comes across my path today......... let them see on this face of mine that You are a friend..........yes, a friend that sticks closer than a brother! You beckon us to come into fellowship with You!

Be seen, Lord! Be seen on this face of mine!!!!!!! So that others will know how truly wonderful You are!

And I will be coming back soon with my face toward the heavens to bask in the glow of You!


Soaking in His Rays!!!!!

Cheri




2 comments:

Cheri Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyful said...

Cheri, you have given voice to the cry of my heart. I'm Son-bathing beside you and praying that He is seen in me.

I wrote you a card this morning and when it arrives you must come back and read this post. The message and verse in the card echo your thoughts here....only God!!!!

Love, prayer and hugs,
Joy