Friday, January 16, 2009

Fabulous Fun Fridays/Random

Hello Friends~

I have been praying about this post for a few days and I have decided that I will just write some random stuff.

Scotty took me out on a date last night. We went to the show because I talked him into it.....he wasn't the most excited man in town. Only one other woman had trapped her man into going to that particular movie that was playing in our small theater downtown  last night. It was only around 14 degrees outside.........we do have an indoor theater in our town........ but most couples probably decided to snuggle at home on the couch with their popcorn......That other woman in the theater and I, we had some persuasive power!

The previews began to roll and my husband began to breathe heavy........boredom was already setting in........I was feeling a little guilty about talking him into this show. Usually he can get into the previews at least..........I admit they were not so entertaining.

Bride Wars, the movie, began.........and we endured it.........Sometimes when I watch a movie at the theater when they begin to roll the credits I just don't want to move.....a hush comes over me and I am still connected to the movie somehow and I just don't want to leave........yet.....

As soon as the screen turned black we were up and heading out. We did not get any connection with that movie at all. It wasn't bad as in naughty.....it just wasn't funny! They had shown every funny part in the previews. It think they were afraid we wouldn't get the jokes unless we saw them twice! 

A tiredness settled over us like we had really endured something important!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!

I don't think we will talk about it much! But this experience might cost me some persuasive power next time I think that I want to go see a chick flick with my man........I think I need to give him some recovery time!

 And.......

I am going to a slumber party tonight. Some very godly women that I love are meeting at a cabin and we are going to have a spiritual retreat.  I told my daughter about it and she thought this was just weird! Maybe, but I think that we will have some great fun. I love godly fellowship!

I am not very good at all nighters but hopefully nobody at the party will be and we can all get a little sleep. 

When I was a young girl I was always the first to conk out at slumber parties. This was not good. I got beans put up my nose and in my ears........and other very mean things done to me. It was not fun. But I always recovered the humiliation before the next slumber party. 

Changing the subject........speaking of my daughter, she is going to be 27 years old tomorrow! Can you believe that? I just know that you are saying you cannot believe that!!!! 

I had Ashli 27 years ago. She was born at home in our tiny two bedroom apartment on  one of the coldest night Chicago had experienced in fifty years. The wind chill was below 70 degrees. The temperatures were 20 below!!!! It was very cold. So I just decided to stay home and have her at home. That was the way my grandmother had her babies. Why not?

Actually it was a very planned out home-birth........and in all seriousness........out of the five live births I have had,  I treasure the home-birth experience the most........not the child the most.......but that was one awesome birthing experience! If they had legally let me have my baby at home in Kansas, Caleb, Luke and Josiah would have been born at home too!

After the midwife and Dr. left Ashli's delivery that cold January night, Scotty and I were dressing her in a little homemade gown that I had picked up at this amazing little shop (not the Jones store or Penny's not that there is anything wrong with Jones or Penny's. She has had plenty of pretty things from there)  for her to wear. She grinned the whole time we were dressing her. She was BEAUTIFUL!!!! (and still is!) Her daddy's reply to all that sweet grinning she was giving us was, "Oh, no! She likes clothes already!"

The is one thing that has carried over from that night. Ashli has her momma's love for clothes! Bless her heart! 

So, tomorrow, January 17th, if you happen to see my beautiful Ashli girl wandering around your part of the world, give her a hug for me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASH! YOUR MOMMA LOVES YOU!

Another story..........a U S Airways plane went into the Hudson River yesterday........this was disturbing for a momma that has two children and a son-in-law that live minutes from where this incident happened.........I am just sure Caleb saw it........ I haven't gotten to talk to him yet but He is always at the right place at the right time to see all the important things that are going on in the world.........He even saw the Pope in Rome when he was announcing the new seven deadly sins or something like that. It was a historical moment and so Caleb of course was an eyewitness! Believe it or not, it is true! (I don't have a confirmation that he saw it, I just know because it happened about 10 minutes from where he lives and the Lord just doesn't let him miss anything.......but maybe you shouldn't tell that he saw because that would probably be gossip since I am not 100% sure that he did indeed see it! I will let you know!)

Thankfully my children were not on that plane.........every one survived the crash......praise the Lord.........Next time I fly into New York City or my children fly out of it or back into it I am going to pray that there are NO birds in the sky!!!! NONE!!!!! Maybe I should begin praying about this now!

I must go for now! Hope your weekend is fun, fun, fun! May I suggest.......don't bother seeing the movie Bride Wars if you want to have fun! It is not fun, it is WORK!!!!

Love to all!!!!!

The Lord is smiling on YOU!

Cheri








4 comments:

Laura said...

Cheri,

The more I get to know you, the more I realize what an amazing woman you are. I love to hear about your experiences. You honor God in everything, friend!

both of our boys are january babies, so we will be celebrating birthdays this week also! Happy birthday to Ashli, and I still cannot believe that you have a 27 year old!

You are beautiful!

Joyful said...

I loved this random, fun Friday. It's great to read the "everydayness" of your life.

I still remember sitting across from you having lunch when you mentioned the age of your oldest child - WHAT? - you couldn't be that old!!!!

You are beautiful inside and out and I'm so glad to call you friend. It's amazing how God allowed our paths to cross in 2005 and I've never forgotten you. How blessed I was to reconnect last summer. A gift from God to me!

If I'm correct, Ashli isn't the only one with a birthday this month. :o)

Have a great time at your big girls slumber party! Enjoy!

Love & prayers,
Joy

Corrie said...

I wanna come to the big girls' slumber party! I'd just conk out with ya! I would however keep one eye open for the people with beans, cause that's the kind of friend I am. I am, if you are wondering, "borrowing" internet right now 'cause I miss you too much and had to pop in for a visit. Can't wait to see you!

Paula V said...

I just went and saw Mall Cop. I thought it was really good. Of course, I like Kevin James. It was cute too. Not necesarily a chick flick.

I don't do too well at all nighters also. I'm not good at nights at a hotel during conferences either. Most people want to stay up all night gabbing and still be bright eyed and bushy tailed at 7am for the conference. Not mean. I'm a nine hour kind of sleeping girl.
Hope you had a great time.
Love ya,
Paula