Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Souls


I have been among the masses lately. Easy to imagine Jesus walking among those He longed to save. Just wondering as I stroll through them, finding my way, do they know Him? Any of them? Would they like to? There is a truth inside of me that I am required to share ... outwardly ... actions and words matching well through me revealing and representing the Lord. Sometimes that happens. I wish for more than sometimes.

I am bumping shoulders and elbows and at times I feel their breath on my shoulder as we struggle toward our destinations. And I wonder, do they know Him?

Have they ever been introduced, drawn, heard?

Would they want to?

Knowing that He lives and choosing one's own way ... scary.

Not knowing Him ... scary ... terrifying even ... keeps one continuously searching for peace. Longing even. Remaining empty.

Keep thinking, my eye on each one as if there were just one ... do they know?

And I think of some ... not yet.

Not, no they don't know Him, but they don't know Him yet. There is time to pray for their souls to be saved, rescued, delivered from a disastrous eternal fate.

I wonder, am I the only in this crowd of people thinking about eternal things? No, the Spirit is here and working.

Praying for wayward ones that I know, family, friends, neighbors who don't know Him ... yet ... and hope rises up in my heart encouraging faith and prayers for them.

1 comment:

myletterstoemily said...

me, too! thanks for inspiring me
to pray harder!

love,
lea