Friday, August 27, 2010

Crossing Rivers

I recently made a trip to Illinois with my mom to visit family. We crossed several rivers, notably the Ohio, Tennessee, and the Mississippi.

We took a ferry across the Ohio ... a family member called it the "scary ferry". She advised that we keep our windows rolled down in case the ferry failed to make it across. I immediately agreed with her upon seeing the ferry.

The ferry ride was free. We shared the ride with a truck and trailer hauling cattle which made having the windows down a bit unpleasant.

The Ohio River crossing at the location of "scary ferry" is absolutely gorgeous which encouraged my nerves to settle. The view was so spectacular I even forgot about the cows. I must return to that location again someday.

We crossed over rivers on high old bridges and beautiful new bridges.

I love to cross rivers. It is more than the fact that there is somewhere that I long to be on the other side. I get caught up in the journey.

This morning I was thinking about the streams of living waters that are inside of us. I love it when I find a soul with the river of life flowing inside their soul. I savor the ambiance, the wisdom, the power to create, to teach, to pray that flows as a result of that internal river. I am always encouraged, exhorted, and strengthened when those eternal rivers touch my life.

I am grateful that our "rivers" have crossed.

Blessings~

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow within him." Jesus said in John 7:38

1 comment:

myletterstoemily said...

me, too! and i can sit beside one, especially
a stream, for hours and watch the water
rush by.

a lovely post!