Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy God

God is angry, isn't He?

He is ready to find a flaw that can never be corrected and squeeze it out of me until it is no more. Once that flaw is well hidden away, He discovers another one the size of Mount St. Helen's and He begins processing again, twisting, turning, challenging, forcing, hating the flaw, discontent until it is out of sight.........gone......forever.

I have seen my Lord this way in the past. 

He has been unhappy with me, wondering why I continue to fall short.

The mural painted on the coffee shop wall made me stop to ponder...........

An image of a happy Jesus was brushed upon the wall in pastels, running, skipping, laughing, singing with children....lots of children. They were having a great time.........

I have not seen very many pictures of Jesus laughing........

I have not had very many thoughts of Him laughing either...........have you?

The fruit of the Spirit is: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-Control...............

Did Paul leave anger out?

How about disappointment?

Fruit is produced when we are grafted into the vine........Jesus..........."it is to my Father's glory that you bear much fruit"

The fruit represents His Spirit...........His Divine Nature and Character........

He is Love:  1 John 4:7-8 "Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because GOD IS LOVE."

He is Joy:  John 15:11 "I have told you this so that MY JOY may be in you and that your joy may be complete." 

He is Peace: Ephesians 2:14 "For He Himself is OUR PEACE......."

He is Patient: Romans 15:5 "Now may the GOD OF PATIENCE and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

He is Kind: Titus 3:4 " But when the KINDNESS and love of God our Saviour appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy."

He is Good: Psalm 136:1/ Psalm 145:9
"Give thanks to the Lord, for HE IS GOOD. His love endures forever."
"The LORD IS GOOD to all; He has compassion on all He has made."

He is Faithful: Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassion's never fail. They are new every morning; GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS."

He is Gentle: Matthew 11:28-29 "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I AM GENTLE  and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." 

He has Self-Control: Isaiah 53:7/Matthew 26:63
 "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth; He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so He did not open His mouth."

"But Jesus remained silent."

He is the fruit of the Spirit.

The Great I AM is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Beautiful God! Joyful Redeemer! Patient beyond understanding! Providing Peace! You are kindness that leads to repentance! Faithful to the finish line! Gentle Lamb! Lover of my soul! Master of the Universe! How great is our Happy God!

Jesus is the Bridegroom preparing for a wedding. The Bride has been purchased, a feast is being prepared. He is looking forward to that day when we will stand by His side! His pure one! Made pure by His sacrifice! Precious Redeemer! 

Glory to the one who saves! He is rejoicing over me! He is smiling..............mansions rise in His presence that will soon be a holy habitation for the ones He came to save! The day is approaching..........anticipation arises in His heart! My heart beats faster with the thought!

When I stand before Him there will be the most beautiful smile on His lovely face I have ever seen. With a gleam in His eye, He will wrap me up in His holy embrace and I will see Him as He is...........not with a scornful scowl, but with a glorious smile.....the smile reserved for His beloved.......

Hasten the day, Lord!

I long to see Your happy, joyful, peaceful beautiful face!

Cheri
ps. I love the fruit of the Spirit. They are wonderful virtues that I long to have in my life. The one that has been blessing me so much lately is Patience. God is so patient. He has proven His patience with me in various ways, demonstrated through various ones. I long for a patient heart, desiring to follow in His steps........Thank you, Lord Jesus for patience.




No comments: