Monday, September 15, 2008

Expectation

There is an expectancy in my spirit today.
This morning I read in Matthew 4,
"The  people who sat (dwelt, enveloped) in darkness have seen a great Light, and for those who sat in the land and the shadow of death Light has dawned."
The "Light" that this verse is speaking of is Jesus! The people of that land had sat wrapped in worldly darkness for a long, long time. The darkness in this verse is referred to as "the shadow of death". 
There was great hope because Jesus had entered that dwelling of darkness. He came as light to invade that great abyss of hopelessness and despair.
When God created the world He said, "Let there be light and there was light."
God let there be Light in this forsaken land of Zebulun and Naphtali. 
Jesus was the One who cried, "Let there be" in Matthew 4 because His words in the very next verse (17) begin with, "repent!" 
I love the definition that the Amplified version of the Bible gives for repentance:
"that is, change your mind for the better, heartily amend your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins.........for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
In other words, "Let there be Light in your life!"
We have a choice.
How desperately He wants us to choose Light over darkness. He calls us out of our tomb and invites us to walk in resurrection life!
There is sunshine in my town today after days and days and days of rain.
It is so inviting to see the dawn of a sunshiny day. My soul is dancing and full of energy ready to run!
The sweet Lord is illustrating these wonderful verses to me. What an amazing God!
So I am expecting to see the Light in my day.........all day! 
Should the sun find more clouds to crawl behind, I will remain in the Light of His glory. I will be listening for His voice that leads and directs and points to a life of freedom. I will expect to see His fingerprints everywhere I go because the Light of the universe has so graciously called me to a day in the Light!

With anticipation!
Cheri 

2 comments:

Joyful said...

I hear your expectation and it even has my heart excited!

Satan masquerades as an angel of light, and we can't be fooled by articifial light. God is the Light of the world, and He alone brings Sonshine into our hearts.

Living in the Light,
Joy

Laura said...

And He has increased their joy!
Oh, how I love that scripture and it's sister in Isaiah!
You bless today. I'm gonna let my little Light shine!