Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Impossible

It seems to me that the Lord loves it when we encounter impossible situations. Have you come upon a Red Sea experience lately? Have you arrived at a place where only the Lord in His sovereignty can bring you through? 

We have many opportunities in life to see the mighty hand of God at work. He loves to prove that "nothing is too difficult" for Him! 

There are troubles that seem to want to swallow us whole, melt us in the furnace of affliction, baptize us in despair, "but God!" (Ephesians 2:4) What does God want to do when we are in these crisis situations?

Praise! Yes, praise Him! You will never find a moment in time when the Lord is not worthy of our praise. No matter what conflict, circumstance, or discomfort we find ourselves in, He remains the same! Creator of the universe! Savior of our souls! Deliverer! Mighty God! Holy!
And always and forever worthy of all praise!

A friend shared a scripture with me yesterday that I am going to commit to memory.

Psalm 50:23~
"He who sacrifices thank offerings honors Me and prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God."

It is often a sacrifice for our flesh to praise the Lord when our hearts are heavy! It takes effort on our part to turn our eyes upon the one who holds the universe in the span of His hand instead of looking at our circumstance. Oh, but there is reward for getting our eyes set in the right direction!

When we offer the Lord thanks in the hard times and honor Him in the midst of troubles He promises to show us His salvation! He will save us out of our troubles! He will reveal Himself to us and provide for us! He is able and willing to split Red Seas so that we can walk not only to dry land but on dry land through the Sea! 

We will never be missing the mark when we are in an attitude of praise! He will always be listening to the one who is praising Him! 

My grandpa loved to hear me sing. When I was growing up, I would go to my grandparent's house where they would turn off the TV, grandma would play the piano and I would sing. And sing. And sing. Grandpa would listen! The whole time!!!!!

Later in life, whenever grandpa would hear me in a choir, leading the children's choir, even singing in a congregation with him seated many pews away he would always say, "Cheri, I heard you singing today!" 

(If you are a singer, you know that it isn't always good to be heard when others are singing with you!) No matter how far apart we were or how many other voices were involved, grandpa always told me that he heard my voice.

That is how our heavenly Father is. He listens for your voice of praise. No matter how many others are praising Him at the same time, He is listening and enjoying your praise!!!!!

Now, no matter what we go through today, girls, let's give Him praise! 

He is listening for you!

Lovingly,
Cheri

2 comments:

Joyful said...

I think of the chorus that often rolls off our lips easily, yet holds profound truth - "We bring a sacrifice of praise, into the house of the Lord". A "sacriice of praise" is hard. Yet, if we can't praise Him during those times, our relationship with the Lord is based on our circumstances only. Our joy in the Lord cannot be based on situations, but on a deep acknowledgement that He is God!

Red Sea moments happen. Thanks for this encouragement to keep praising.

Love ya,
Joy

Paula V said...

There really is nothing to add to this. This is a wonderful post!!!!

It spoke volumes to my heart. God is the God of Impossibles. I am in a Red Sea that ONLY HE can bring me through it.

You hit the mark on the head...praise Him in ALL things. Praise Him in the storm. I think praising Him when our hearts are so heavy is even MORE precious to Him than praising in when all is well.

Thanks, Cheri.
When you have a chance stop by and see what the Lord's done recently in my life.
Blessings,
Paula