Thursday, October 28, 2010

On Down the Line




I am waiting for grandchildren! It might be awhile. So aware of that but it doesn't stop me from looking forward, anticipating that blessing with much joy and expectation.

My friend's families are expanding circles around circles. I am not envious. Just can't be! I am so delighted for them. It is so much fun to watch my friends get so silly with love for their little ones. It literally tickles my insides to listen to them chatter on about coos and grins and cuddles.

I love how they pray for their precious little bundles. Their petitions are focused far beyond now, way into the future of the child, beyond my friend's own lifetime. I LOVE that!

It reminds me of a verse that I have prayed for our family so many times.

"As for Me,"  says the Lord, "this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants' descendants," says the Lord, "from this time and forevermore."  Isaiah 59:21 NKJV


Praying this verse today and believing for a whole houseful of grandbabies and a message passed on down the line!

3 comments:

Thoughts for the day said...

Oh you have hit my heart today. I am a grandma of six beautiful little love bugs. Our first experience as grandparents was spent in the NICU unit of St Vincents hospital in Portland, our first granddaughter was born 8 weeks early weighing only 2 pds 11 oz. As I looked into her deep brown eyes I gazed into the eyes of an angel. She was beautifully put together and so tiny. God is good. Since then we have had more join our home and hearts. We have three girls and three boys and each one of them are special and unique (one set of twins too).Four out of six were preemies so the Nicu ward was a familiar and always scary place. (A place for prayer for lives can change in an instant).
Our grand daughter is now 11 years old and doing awesome.
God is good and this grandma is IN LOVE.

myletterstoemily said...

i feel exactly the same way. no grandchildren
yet, but i so love my friend's grandkids and
my childrens' friends' kids. i sort of feel as
if i am a grandmother to "emily's" kids. :)

Kandace Rather said...

Cheri,
Thank you for sharing my excitement over my little "sugar bear." Your day is definitely coming and what a blessing you will be to your grandbabies!!
Kandace