Friday, December 19, 2008

Fabulous Fun Fridays/Interruptions

"Twas the Night Before Christmas when all through the house....."

She knows every word!

Have you ever heard a two year old recite 'Twas the Night Before Christmas?

It is about the cutest thing you ever heard!

Big words in a wee one's mouth........

Precious..........I could listen to it over and over and over again..........

She sees a miniature stocking hanging on my tree, then recalls,
"all the stockings were hung by the chimney with care......."

Over and over she recants the story.........delighting my soul with every word.......

Scotty comes home.........."you must hear!"..........

So we begin........again.........." 'twas the night before Christmas......" We watch the
pictures in the big picture book.......we are halfway..........

Suddenly rhyme is interrupted with reason..........

"Hey, hey!!!"

I sprung from the words to see what was the matter............

"Merry Christmas!!!" Her grin captivates my heart!

She was telling me that she was done reciting for today........the verse had been repeated long enough........the needle was being lifted from the stuck gramophone.........we were done.........

But instead of saying....."I'm tired of this!" or "No more!"

She interrupts our game with, "Merry Christmas!"

I close the book! Wrap her in my arms and wait for my next opportunity to hear her little voice ring and sing the tale once again.........

With visions of sugar plums still dancing in my head!!!!!

Especially one little sugar plum..........named Bonnie!

I hope you are very blessed with smiles, blessings, and joy this weekend!


and.........

"a Merry CHRISTmas to all, and to all a good".............day!!!


Cheri ; )

2 comments:

Paula V said...

Very cute, Cheri.

There is nothing more grand than to hear anything from a two-year old but especially this.

Thanks for the smiles. Children are so precious...I'm beginning to see that in a very new light and wondering what, if anything, that signifies for me and my future.

Thanks for all the emails and thoughtfulness. I've not forgotten you and I really want to share my story with you. I need to just email it to you.

Love to you,
Paula

Joyful said...

Oh, she is precious Cheri. Praising the Lord for the delight He has brought into your life.

Love & prayers,
Joy