Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Make Haste, O Lord!

I have a new friend and she is in a difficult situation. In the natural it seems that it will take years, even decades for every area of her circumstances to work out. She shared her burden with me about the situation and I just couldn't get it off of my heart. I rolled it over and over in prayer until finally I said, "Lord, expedite this process! You created the earth in seven days! Nothing is too difficult for you! I believe that you can hurry up the resolution to all of the problems involved in these matters. Hurry, Lord! Hurry!"

That was the cry of my heart. I opened my Bible soon after that prayer to Psalm 70:1 & 4-5 "Make haste, O God to deliver me! Make haste to help me, O Lord!" and "Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; And let those who love Your salvation say continually, "Let God be magnified!" But I am poor and needy; Make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay." I wasn't searching for that scripture, that is just where I was in my daily reading.

I was very excited to share this word with my friend. I knew it was from the Lord and that it was just for her. The trouble was we were at a big conference and I didn't know if I would be able to find her. I looked all morning and she was not to be found. Just when I had given up, I saw her walk by. She was going out the door to go home. I gave her the scripture and shared that I felt the Lord was going to expedite the process and bring just what she needed to pass.

I know that scripture was for my friend for that moment and for her situation, but I have grabbed onto it and let it linger in my meditation! You see, I have some areas that I have been pounding on the door of heaven about for some time now and I would love to see the Lord begin to expedite some situations in my life. I think it must be okay to tell the Lord to hurry because David did!

The Lord has His own timetable and I don't want to seem impatient, but I don't want to be lethargic either! I want to believe for big things and expect them to happen.........in my lifetime! I know that it is good to wait upon the Lord! I will continue to do so.........but there is another phrase that I remember from scripture, "and suddenly!" I am ready for some of my requests to have a sudden act of God upon them! I want His fingerprints all over it so that only He could possibly receive the glory for it!

Keep watching! I hope to report some "suddenlies" soon!

Blessings,
Cheri

No comments: