Friday, November 12, 2010

Estate Sale

Ashli came home from New York City for the weekend. She gave us reason to pause from our busyness and hang out together. We went to an estate sale. We never do this. It was her first time to get a number at an auction. It was my third.

I am not very good at bidding. Ashli laughed at my attempts and gave me a big hug in front of everyone. She warmed my heart with her patience.

A collector of many years left behind a lot of stuff. It was fun to rummage through and find unique treasures. Together.We had a wonderful day.

Can you guess which one of these articles I brought home?

Ashli is like a fresh wind. She stretches us into new places when she comes home, leading us to places of adventure, forcing us out of our rut, challenging what is familiar. After spending a day among another's left behind treasures, I realized that I could have left it all behind and still brought home  treasure. Memories were born in the moments we shared and you can't put a price on that.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroys and where thieves break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:20-21

3 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

oh, i'm so happy you had some treasured
ashli time. she sounds wonderful. is it
her husband who was attacked recently?
i still can't believe that happened.

thanks for your sweet words at my place.
i'm fine. that was written a few weeks ago
and was true THEN, but i'm happy as a lark
now. :)

Cheri Bunch said...

Me, too! I love it when she comes home! It was her husband that was attacked. We are finally breathing a little easier. It was rough!

Funny ... your comment ... on your comment page I almost wrote, "I hope your heart takes flight", then I thought "what does that really mean?". It fits perfectly if you are feeling "larky". So happy your heart is soaring in higher places! Blessings to you!

myletterstoemily said...

i'm very happy all is well with your
precious son in law!

thanks for the larky comment. :)