Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Treasure

I found a diamond on the sidewalk the other day. It was lying among broken glass but it out-glimmered the many shattered pieces, catching my eye. I am not positive it is a diamond, but it is cut very nicely and is very pretty. It is not a piece of broken glass. It is a gem.
I need to take it to a jeweler so that he might declare it a genuine stone. However, I do not want to be disappointed so I hesitate. It has been a delight to think that I found a diamond on the sidewalk.
I found it in another town that houses multitudes of people. It would be impossible to find the owner, therefore my conscience is clear. I am very sorry for the one who lost it. She must be very sad about losing something precious. I have lost precious stones before and it is very disappointing.
But finding one ... now that is a different story.
When I found this tiny little gem glittering in the sunshine I smiled all over inside. Not because it was going to make me rich. Nor will it make me happy. It was just fun to find something of value on the ground, just there, seemingly waiting to bless me.
I have reveled in the thought of it being real.
I have loved the reaction of my family when I nonchalantly tell them of my find. Their response is worth a million joys. I wish I had each reaction on video. Oh, what fun! Gonna keep enjoying this for awhile.

"I have not departed from  the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:12

No comments: