Tuesday, November 19, 2013




My friend Laura had been praying for me . . . for years.

 "One of the most profound ways you can love someone is by praying for them." Bob Sorge

Whispers to God about me . . . prayers wrapped in loving grace and beauty.

Until recently, I have been completely unaware . . . it moves me that the Lord was not. Ever the listening one, He has heard my name from her prayer closet.

Intercession is a powerful and precious gift, my friend. The greatest of gifts.

I gave some minute little bit of nothing to her, so she purchased a gift for me. She intended to send it right away, something tangible to give me as a thank you. It sat on her dryer and every time she did laundry, she thought of me, she said. Days,months, years passed without her sending the gift my way, but every time she saw the gift, she would pray for me. She has a family, she frequents the laundry bay of her home. Her prayers for me have been many. When she shared this with me, I was humbled to tears.

I received the gift in the mail a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful candle. The package was padded with many other beautiful gifts. Her heart is a generous one. I am overwhelmed with her sweetness, her kindness.

Of course the gift that sat on her dryer for many seasons was a candle. (She mentioned that I should blow the lint off before using.) 

Light. I wonder how much more my life has been illumined because of her blessed intercession. Oh, I wonder! 

It was so much fun to receive a package in the mail. Christmas in October! Again I was overwhelmed with her kindness. Most beautiful though, most dear to my heart are the prayers that she has prayed with my name pegged to them. 

Laura writes beautifully. Her words become poems, sonnets, verses. Her pen is the brush of an artist, it brings beauty and color to the page. I can only imagine the beautiful prayers the Lord has heard. My guess is that He writes her prayers down and tucks them away to pull out and revisit again. I have pages and pages with her name attached. How blessed I am that when He does revisit those prayers, He will find my name among those beautiful paragraphs and phrases.

Thank you, Laura,  I am forever grateful!

Blessings, my dear friends, I am praying for you.


For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light." Colossians 1:9-12 NKJV

 

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are the sweetest friend. It was my privilege to pray for you all these years (and I will continue to do so). You prayed for me at such a difficult time and I will never forget that gift. A candle is a perfect gift for you, Cheri, because your light shines such beauty for The Lord.