Wednesday, November 20, 2013




"What comes to our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." A.W. Tozer

I've been reading the book of Matthew. It is amazing to me how people in this book respond to Jesus. Some want to cling to him, some beg him to leave town. There are those who are appalled by what he does, there are others who beg him to act on their behalf.  Some feel like sinners when he is around, others feel more righteous than he. Some invite him to their house for dinner, some accuse him of eating too much.

Reading this morning has left me thoughtful, prayerful. 

"I want to know you, Lord, really know you. I don't want to only know about you, I want to know you. Let me draw near. Closer, closer to you!" 

My husband had a head injury a few years ago. It damaged the optic nerve which effects his eye control. He recently had to get prism glasses so that he won't see four of everything, and so that his eyes will track together. It has made a huge difference in how he sees the world.

I want to see through a prism that makes Jesus crystal clear. I feel like the blind men who were crying, "We want to see! Touch our eyes so we can see!" 

I have known Jesus for a very long time, but I long to know him more. Praying that my vision will be more clear than ever. 

I have met some really incredible people here in Louisville. People who really know Jesus. I am moved by their hospitality, their warmth. Their genuine love and concern is inviting. Their nature is to nurture. You can tell they think some really cool things about God. They have an amazing aura. Salt and Light. The way they live has stirred me to want to know the Lord more.

Drawing near today, my friends. Thank you for listening to me ramble. 

Blessings to  you!

"He (Jesus) said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' "

No comments: